Hey all, Nick here! I’ve been looking around for a great, easy to make chicken nugget recipe for a long time. The problem is that I could never really nail the crispy and crunchy that I wanted. Most recipes were similar: cut chicken, coat with some spices and flour, cook in some oil (or in the oven) and voila, nuggets.
I happened to stumble upon a package of Kim’s Shaklee 180 Barbecue Snack Crisps and thought… hey, what would happen if I crushed these up and used these to coat the chicken… how would it turn out? Well.. I’m sure glad I did! These chicken nuggets not only taste great, they have an INCREDIBLE crunch to them. I’m not a shrimp person, but I used the same method on some shrimp for Kim and she loved it!
Ready to dive in? Here’s the recipe!
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/3 cup of flour
- 2 tbls of smokey paprika
- (Optional) Shredded Coconut
- 2 large eggs (or 1/2 cup of water)
- 3 bags of Shaklee BBQ Snack Crisps
- 1/2 cup of coconut oil
- Cut up your chicken breasts into small, nugget like chunks and set them aside.
- Mix the flour and paprika in one bowl and set aside.
- Beat eggs into a separate bowl and set aside.
- Empty 3 bags of crisps into a separate bowl and crush. (see below)
- Dip the chicken in the eggwash, then into the flour/paprika mix. Dip again in the eggwash and then into the crushed crisps.
- Once all the chicken are coated, heat the oil on medium heat in a large saucepan.
- Place the chicken in the saucepan, leaving a decent amount of space in between each piece. Cook 2-3 minutes per side and then remove, placing the finished pieces on some paper towel
- The finer you grind the crisps, the less crispy the nuggets will be.
- If you want a stronger coconut flavor, add some shredded coconut in with your crisps.
This post may contain affiliate links. See here for more information.