**This is one of my most pinned posts so if you’re visiting from Pinterest, welcome! Have a look around for some more great recipes and articles. Finally, check me out on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest or Instagram! I love making new friends! Thanks for stopping by!**
Yesterday I had a co-operative baby and six rotting bananas on my counter so what else could I have done but make some baking?!
One of my more popular pins has been a recipe for some really easy banana bread that tastes great and isn’t a pain in the butt to pull together. It calls for 3 ripe bananas and since I had 6, I decided to double the recipe and make a loaf of banana bread and a batch of banana nut muffins. Plus any excuse to play with my beloved KitchenAid mixer! Ben loves banana anything so I knew they wouldn’t go to waste this way!
You can click here to see the original post or I’ll just go ahead and make things easy for you and bring it here!
- 1 c. white sugar
- ½ c. vegetable oil
- 3 large ripe bananas
- 2 eggs
- 2 c. flour
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 c. chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl or stand mixer, cream sugar and oil together. Then add your bananas and eggs.
- Sift all the dry ingredients together in separate bowl and then mix with the wet. Or if you’re like me, just throw those all into the mixer too. It still turns out just the same!
- Add the vanilla last and make sure to give it a good mix so that the batter is even.
- Pour into a greased muffin pan. Sprinkle walnuts on the top.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes.
- If walnuts aren't your thing, you can make these plain or topped with something else of your choosing! Brown sugar, dry oatmeal, and chocolate chips are also great options!
This post may contain affiliate links. See here for more information.