In a fun turn of events, I have been nominated for the Liebster Blog Award by the sweet Heather at Dietetic Sinners! Thank you so much for the kind nomination!
The Liebster Blog Award is an award given by bloggers to up and coming bloggers, most of whom have less than 200 followers (or have been blogging for less than 6 months). It is to show newer bloggers that they are appreciated, and to help spread the word about new blogs. It was created to promote appreciation and recognition among the blog world. Liebster translates to “dearest” (or favorite/best) in German. It is also known as the Love Blog Award.
1. You must post 11 random things about yourself.
2. Answer the questions that the nominator set for you.
3. Create 11 questions for the people you nominate.
4. Choose 11 new blogs you love and link them in your post.
5. Please leave me a comment on this post with the URL to your Liebster post so I can learn more about you!
Here we go …
11 Random Things About Me!
- I watch documentaries for fun.
- I love anything Egyptian. I have lots of text book type books on Egypt and have even given my son-to-be an Egypt themed room complete with pyramid mural.
- My husband and I had a Mario themed wedding cake!
- I love to travel and have lived in Denmark and England before coming back home to Canada.
- I can knit and crochet.
- I eat smoked oysters from the can (yummmm haha!)
- I can’t stand plain white or beige walls!
- I have a slight obsession with Scooby Doo. Always have. I can’t remember why!
- I am always late.
- I’m letting my sister name my son because I named her. Thankfully my husband and I both LOVE the name!
- I’ve had a guitar for 6 years and still don’t know how to play it.
11 Questions From My Nominator!
1. What is your favorite childhood memory?
Sooo many! I had a great childhood! If I had to narrow it down it would be skating in the winter on the outdoor rink my Dad would make in our backyard.
2. What is the best thing you have ever eaten?
Duck Pistachio Korma from a little Indian place where I used to live in Swanage, England.
3. What was your favorite subject in school?
English. I love to read and went on to minor in English Literature in university.
4. Where did your blog name come from?
Happy, Pretty, Blog comes from the 3 ways I’d like to grow with this form of expression. I’d like to find (more) happiness, find pretty things, and be a better blogger.
5. Would you rather lose all of your old memories, or never be able to make new ones?
Oh wow, that’s hard! Can I please say neither? Lol! How terrible that would be! I’m sure there are movies and books out there about things like these happening.
6. Do you squeeze the toothpaste tube or roll it?
7. What animal are you most like? why?
I’d like to say a fox haha! My husband might say badger! But maybe a raccoon because I’m messy, loud and will eat just about anything!
8. On a scale of one to ten, how well do you sing?
Oh dear haha! A 4 maybe! I used to be in musicals in high school which I loved but I have a veeeeeery small range of notes that I can hit and sound decent.
9. Have you ever met someone famous? If so who was it?
I used to work for Manchester United and would see the players around a lot. I would see Wayne Rooney, Cristiano Ronaldo (when he was still there) and many others. Not that I ever got to really have a nice chat, more of some brief hellos!
10. What’s your favorite ice cream brand and flavor?
I love Baxter’s (local) Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough ice cream!
11. If you could choose to stay a certain age forever, what age would it be?
I’ve lived a wonderful life so far with so many great experiences, but I truly believe the best is yet to come so I don’t think I’m qualified enough to answer that yet. I have a feeling that it’ll be sometime in my 30′s but we’ll see! I’m 27 now.
11 Questions For My Nominees!
- If you won the lottery, what’s the first thing you would buy?
- If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go?
- What movie could you watch over and over again?
- What is your favorite sweet treat?
- Which cartoon character are you most like and why?
- Who inspires you?
- Do you speak any other languages?
- What is your biggest pet peeve?
- What is the best thing you get from blogging?
- Do you have a hidden talent?
- Do you have any pets?
11 Blogs That I Nominate!
- Cooks & Creates
- Sunny Days are Love
- Mommy Had a Little Blog
- Manicures & Extra Sprinkles .. Please!
- The Adventures of Batgirl
- My Marriage Project
- Viva La V-Dubb
- The Adventures of Ally
- Rachel Roaming
- A Fab Tail Blog
- My Blissful Journey
I chose these blogs because either I like what they stand for, I love what they write about, I like how they write, I relate to them in some way, a combination of all of these or I just plain like them! So nominees, if you’d like to participate, please link to this post and leave me a comment so I can read your responses!