We passed Week 1 with flying colours and now we’re moving onto Week 2! Woohoo!! If you missed last week’s post, go back and check it out. You can get caught up if you decide that you want to take part in the 52 Weeks To An Organized Home Challenge. I highly recommend it!
Here’s what I accomplished during the last week.
Part of the challenge was to figure out specific functions that the various parts of your kitchen should serve.
- Although I’d love to have one, we don’t have a space in our current home for a “command center” type space so we still require a drop zone type area. I keep my home management binder, and a small organizer here to put mail and things in until I have a chance to get to them. And Kleenex … because my nose runs a lot.
- We are HUGE tea and coffee drinkers, so a hot beverage station was a must for us! This area is used many times throughout the day and we have a wide variety of coffees and teas to enjoy! Our mugs are in the cupboard directly above, so it just made sense to have it here rather than on the other side of the stove where it used to be.
- I use my KitchenAid mixer a lot so I wanted to keep it out on the counter for easy access and it fits well here. We also wanted to keep the bread and toaster accessible and I love having it here.
- Getting rid of all the clutter from around the sink made a huge difference! Now, there’s just some dish soap, hand soap and a ring holder. As an added bonus, when the kitchen looks this good I am much more motivated to keep dirty dishes out of the sink so I have started putting them directly in the dishwasher which I run as soon as it is full.
- A much more pleasing space to look at and a much more functional space to work in! I am very happy with my progress!
In Week 2, we will be working on the organization of our kitchen drawers and cabinets! I’m looking forward to clearing out my cupboards, especially the one with all of those plastic containers! Oh and under the sink, that needs some attention STAT! Check back next week to see how I do!
I’ll also link each week below so you can catch up on any you’ve missed.
This post may contain affiliate links. See here for more information.