Happy crockpot season, friends! Of all my small kitchen appliances, my crockpot is the one I wouldn’t want to live without and I know many other people feel the same way that I do. Normally, I use my crockpot for conventional food recipes but when I signed up to participate in a YouTube collaboration with the YouTube Mommy Meetup group for Crocktober, I wanted to think outside the box on this one.
I have been using essential oils a lot lately and have been enjoying learning all about them and their various uses so when I came across the idea to add essential oils to home made play doh and I knew I had to make it for my kids. I also wasn’t a huge fan of home made play doh recipes that would require me to stand at the stove and stir for half an hour because ain’t nobody got time for that. There is a recipe on Repeat Crafter Me for some crock pot play doh and I knew that it was perfect! I wanted to use my oils so I modified slightly and this is what I came up with.
Check out my Crockpot Aromatherapy Play Doh video!
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup salt
- 1 cup corn starch
- 1/4 cup cream of tartar
- 2 cups hot water
- 2 teaspoons cooking oil
- 5ish drops food colouring (optional)
- 10ish drops your choice of essential oils or more if you want a stronger scent
- Turn crockpot on low.
- Add dry ingredients and stir.
- Add wet ingredients and stir well.
- Close lid and turn heat to high.
- Check consistency after 15 minutes. If it still seems to wet, wait another 5 minutes and check again.
- Remove from crockpot. Be careful, it's hot!
Have you ever made home made play doh in the crockpot?
This post may contain affiliate links. See here for more information.