We had a few bananas sitting on the counter that were threatening to go bad and since I hate to throw away food, banana bread it was!! I searched Pinterest for an easy recipe and this is the one I found from My Natural Family. I only had to tweak the recipe oh so slightly on the cooking time and it only took me about 5 minutes to prepare. Here’s the recipe. Enjoy!
- 1 c. white sugar,
- ½ c. vegetable oil,
- 3 large ripe bananas,
- 2 beaten eggs,
- 2 c. flour,
- ½ tsp. baking soda,
- 1 tsp. baking powder,
- 1 tsp. vanilla.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl or stand mixer, cream sugar and oil together. Then add your bananas and eggs.
- Sift all the dry ingredients together in separate bowl and then mix with the wet. Or if you’re like me, just throw those all into the mixer too. It still turns out just the same!
- Add the vanilla last and make sure to give it a good mix so that the batter is even.
- Pour into a greased bread pan. If you’d like, sprinkle nuts or sugar on the top. Hell, throw on some chocolate chips if that’s what you’re in the mood for!
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes and then turn it down to 275 degrees and cook about another 30. Test to see if it is done by sticking a toothpick into the middle; if it comes out clean, it’s done 🙂
This post may contain affiliate links. See here for more information.